Performance Toolkit – Templates and Tools
Please do use and adapt these as you see fit, referencing the toolkit as the source if sharing wider.
- Children’s Services Data reporting specification: Example of children’s services performance requirements throughout the year.
- Example Performance Management Annual Timetable: One page tool to help plan in quarterly/monthly performance reporting to key boards/groups.
- Electronic view of the child template: Mapping what services hold data at individual child level, including client record management systems and spreadsheets to assist in information asset management and data management, assuring that records are held securely, appropriately to legislative requirements and information sharing is effectively.
- Mapping local area priorities: Mapping priorities across the local area or a range of plans to show the golden thread and strategic overview of priorities (eg HWBB, LSCB, CYPP, Police).
- Measuring outcomes template (and completed example). This can be used in thematic performance clinics, in groups or individual agencies to start with what outcome is required and capture all the information required to have a good evidence base for this. It is based on Outcomes Based Accountability principles (www.raguide.org)
- Model recording timescale framework for ICS systems. Draft framework for measuring the timeliness of recording for children’s social care. Adapting to your own ICS system and implementing with all staff will help with data quality and improve recording practices.
- Performance management & QA Diagnostic Tool: Template to be used at team, service or organisation level to assess how effective performance management is.
- DfE ‘The Wedge’. How to illustrate the balance between high cost/low number and low cost/high number services. The excel workbook attached is fairly crude, showing the DfE wedge, followed by a template for inputting your own data.
- Vulnerable Groups and fair access to services template: A simple excel tool to review how well you know how your vulnerable groups are doing and to map outcomes/activity for them.